5K Run – Terms and ConditionsLast updated: 4 maja 2023 r.
The Organiser of the PKO 5K Run, hereinafter referred to as the “Race”, is the Białystok Biega Foundation entered into the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000392164 with its registered office in Białystok.
- Promotion of running as the most basic form of movement.
- Promotion of physical activity and healthy lifestyle.
- Promotion of volunteering.
- Promotion of Białystok as a city which is friendly to runners and active people.
III. DATE AND PLACE
- The Race will take place on May 13, 2023 in Białystok.
- The Race will start at 9:00 PM.
- The start line shall be closed after about 10 minutes from the starter’s shot.
- The course distance is 5 km. The course will be PZLA certified.
- The detailed race course will be available on the www.bialystokpolmaraton.pl website.
- Participants are expected to finish the Race within net time limit of 50 mins, measured from crossing the starting line.
- Participants remaining on course after the time limit has passed do so on their own risk and responsibility and shall observe the rules of road traffic safety and the provisions of the Civil Code.
There will be additional time checkpoints along the route. Any participant found shortening the course of the race or bypassing any of the checkpoints shall be disqualified.
PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION
- Only individuals born in 2011 or earlier are allowed to participate in the Race.
- The Organiser allows the start of participants on wheelchairs with direct manual drive. The Organiser does not allowthe start of participants on wheelchairs with indirect drive (e.g. hand-bike) and rim-push type.
- In order to participate in the Race, it is necessary to fill in the registration form and pay the entry fee. The registration form shall be submitted in electronic form. Paying the entry fee and submitting the registration form is equivalent to accepting these Terms & Conditions.
- Online applications are available until May 7, 2023 or until the participant limit is reached. Registrations will also be possible at the Race Office (May 12-13, 2023), subject to availability.
- The maximum number of participants in the Race is 1,000.
- All participants have to be verified at the Race Office. Race Office hours:
- May 12 (Friday) 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- May 13 (Saturday) 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- At the Race Office, participants will receive their race packs containing a race bib with an electronic timing chip.
- In order to pick up the race pack, participants will have to present at the Race Office their race card (printed and signed) or QR code and a photo ID.
- Race packs may be picked up by an authorized person upon presenting the race card signed by the participant or the participant’s QR code.
- During the race, all participants must have their bib attached to the front of their shirts. It is prohibited to cover the bib, whether in part or in whole, or to modify it (cut, bend, etc.) and may result in disqualification.
- It is not permitted to stay on the course of the Race without a valid bib. Persons without a valid bib will be removed from the course by the staff.
- Along the course, the participants are prohibited from being supported by third persons riding a bike, scooter or any other vehicle, under the pain of disqualification.
VII. REGISTRATION FEES
- The participant of the race shall cover the entry fee, which may vary according to the time of payment and the selected race package.
- Standard package
- 65 PLN – if paid by March 31, 2023,
- 75 PLN – if paid between April 1 and May 7, 2023,
- 80 PLN – if paid at the Race Office (subject to the availability).
- PREMIUM package (with Adrunaline technical T-shirt)
- 115 PLN – if paid by March 31, 2023,
- 125 PLN – if paid between 1 and 16 April 2023,
- Premium packages shall be available only until 16 April 2023.
- Standard package
- Payments must be made during the registration process via secure online payments.
- Payment may also be made directly to the Białystok Biega Foundation’s bank account: 15 1140 2017 0000 4702 1304 3240. In case of a direct bank transfer, it is necessary to include in payment description the participant’s name, surname together with the note “5K Run”, followed by an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration code will be sent by e-mail.
- Participants born in 1963 or before are entitled to 50% discount on the entry fee at the standard package price applicable at the time of registration. To receive the discount, please contact the Organizer via e-mail sent to email@example.com. A registration code will be sent by e-mail.
- Entry fee is waived for disabled participants. In order to be registered free of charge, the disabled participants shall submit a document to prove their disability via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry fee waiver applies to standard package only.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- It is possible to transfer a race pack to another participant. Participants may transfer their race fee by logging in to their account at slotmarket.pl The race fee is transferrable until May 5, 2023. The participant who receives the race fee is obliged to register within two days from when the transfer is made.
VIII. HEALTH DECLARATIONS
- Participants declare they have read and fully accepted these Terms & Conditions.
- Participants agree to be given first aid or other lifesaving medical procedures as well as being transported to a safe place by medical or paramedical personnel acting on behalf of the Organiser.
- Participants declare they are able to participate in the Race and are not aware of any health reasons excluding them from the Race. Participants acknowledge that participation in the Race is associated with physical effort and entails a natural risk of accident, physical injury, as well as damage to or loss of property. Moreover, participation in the Race may be associated with other unforeseeable risk factors. By accepting these Terms & Conditions participants declare they have considered all the risks connected with the Race and decide to participate voluntarily and on their sole responsibility.
- All decisions made by medical personnel regarding participants’ ability to start or continue the Race are final and irrevocable.
- The Organiser recommends carrying out suitable medical tests and examinations to exclude any health issues which might prevent participants from taking part in the Race.
- The Race shall feature the following main classifications:
- General classification (women and men),
- Classification of the Fastest Białystok Citizens (women and men)
- Age classifications:
- K-12, M-12 (2011-2004)
- K-20, M-20 (2003-1994)
- K-30, M-30 (1993-1984)
- K-40, M-40 (1983-1974)
- K-50, M-50 (1973-1964)
- K-60, M-60 (1963-1954)
- K-70, M-70 (1953 and before)
- Team classification
- In order to take part in the team classification, participants have to tick the appropriate option during registration and enter the name of the team.
- The team consists of a minimum of 4 people, which includes at least 1 woman and at least 1 man.
- The team may consist of more runners, however, for the final result only the times of the four best runners, including a minimum of 1 woman and a minimum of 1 man, will be taken into account.
- The general classifications will be based on individual net times counted from crossing the start line. The exception is the first 50 people crossing the finish line – they will be classified on the basis of official times (gross – counted from the starter shot). Shall there be not at least 3 men and 3 women among the first 50 people at the finish line, the number of 50 people will be increased accordingly to include them.
- Participants finishing without their starting numbers and timing chips shall not be classified.
- All participants who finish the Race within the time limit shall receive a commemorative medal at the finish line.
- 1st – 3rd place winners in general classification(both women and men) will receive cups and financial prizes. The amount of prizes will be announced at a later date.
- Financial prizes won during the Race shall be transferred by bank transfer within 14 days from the date of the Race. In accordance with applicable regulations, income tax shall be deducted from financial prizes.
- Written protests regarding race results shall be accepted by May 15, 2023 via e-mail sent to email@example.com. Final and official results shall be published once all the received protests and complaints have been investigated.
- Protests regarding podium places shall be submitted to the Chief Referee directly before prize ceremony (10 minutes before the ceremony at the latest).
- Any changes in the classification standings due to correction of results after decoration ceremonies shall not give rise to any claims to prizes.
- The Organiser reserves the right to offer additional prizes in categories and classifications of the Organiser’s choice, whether in kind or financial, and to introduce additional classifications.
- For safety reasons, no bicycles, inline skates, roller blades, skateboards, etc. are allowed at the Race. It is also prohibited to run with animals. It is forbidden to bring to the race course any items that may be dangerous to other participants, including Nordic Walking poles. Participants are obliged to comply with all the rules and regulations that apply to the Run, in particular to observe the rules of fair-play and these Terms & Conditions.
- Bag check. Participants may check their gear at a specially designated place. In order to claim their belongings, participants will have to show their bib. In case a participant loses their bib, the Organiser shall not be responsible for other person claiming their check bag. Note: participants are advised not to leave any valuables in check bags, as the Organiser shall not be responsible for any lost items.
- The Organiser is insured against civil liability in respect of Race participants.
- The Organizer reserves the right to send Race participants information about the Race and other events organised or co-organised by the Organiser, as well as for internal administrative and analytical needs.
- The Organiser and its related entities reserve the right to interview, photograph and/or film participants, as well as use their names, image and voice and other materials originated from or related to their participation in the Race for advertising and promotional purposes, including the use on the Internet and radio or television broadcasts, and for any other commercial purposes with the right to modify them.
- The Organiser and its related entities reserve the right to exploit free of charge any photographs, film materials, interviews and recordings of participants, which may free of charge be used on selected electronic storages, catalogues and various types of media – television, radio, newspapers, magazines, websites – for any advertising and promotional purposes.
- Participants declare that the Organiser shall not be obliged to pay any fees related to the activities described in points 5 and 6 of this section, thereby granting the Organiser unlimited license to use their statements and information without notice in order to advertise and promote the Race.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions. Any changes to these Terms & Conditions shall be published on the race’s website.
- In any matter not covered by these Terms & Conditions, the Organiser shall decide.
- Should any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions be declared null and void or unenforceable, whether in full or part, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.